Sunday, September 7, 2008

Vietnamese Chicken Meatballs

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

This may sound slightly odd but yesterday I was craving meatballs! And don't think that I've heard anyone crave meatballs. But anyway that was the case and the above picture was the result.

This Vietnamese recipe is adapted from cooking light: The best of cooking light.

These meatballs where very light and tasted amazing specially with a Thai sweet n sour chili sauce that I just got my hands over.

Recipe:

Ingredients:

1) 1 pound Chicken breast (skinless/boneless)

2) 3 cloves garlic minced.

3) 3 shallots, chopped.

4) Handful of mint and coriander (more of the coriander)

5) 3 Tablespoon Fish Sauce

6)  1 stalk of fresh lemon grass, tender white inner bulb only, minced.

7) 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch

8) 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

9) 1/2 tsp ground black pepper.

10) 1/2 cup sugar

Directions:

1) Preheat oven to 400degrees, line baking sheet with parchment paper. In a food processor pulse the chicken until coarsely chopped, transfer to a bowl. Mix the rest of the ingredients EXEPT the sugar and combine with chicken using your lovely hands.

2) Spread sugar on a plate. Roll the chicken mixture into 1 1/2 inch balls with slightly moistened hands. Arrange on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes until browned and cooked through.

3) Serve on bed of lettuce with sliced red onion and cucumber. Serve with Asian chili sauce. 

3 comments:

LyB said...

That looks so delicious! And I have pretty much all the ingredients in my refrigerator. I think this is going on the weekly menu! Thanks so much for sharing. :)

Luscious Temptations said...

All my favourite ingredients and it looks really delicious. I'm going to have to give this a try :)

Susan @ SGCC said...

Oooh! These look really great! I'm a big fan of Vietnamese food, so I know I'll love this!