I have good news.
Do you know how every single person on the planet is in search of the perfect chocolate chip cookie?? okay so I haven't discovered the recipe . .yet, but I did find a recipe that hits close to the ultimate cookie!
I have found the recipe for the perfect peanut butter chocolate 'chunk' cookies!
These cookies were soooo right I cant even begin to describe them! The texture was just right they where kinda chewy but not so chewy and the had the perfect crunch (Is that what you call it?!). Not only that but these babies had chocolate CHUNKS instead of your usual mini
wannabe's chips. *sighs deeply* Just perfection!
All I know is I will be baking them again!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies
1) 1/2 cup butter
2) 1/2 cup brown sugar
3) 1/2 cup sugar
4) 1 cup peanut butter butter
5) 1 egg
6) 1/2 tsp salt
7) 1/2 tsp vanilla
8) 1/2 tsp baking soda
9) 1 1/2 cups flour
10) 1/2 tsp cinnamon
11) 3/4 cup dark chocolate chunks
1) Preheat oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
2) Cream the butter and both sugars. Beat in the peanut butter and egg.
3) Scrape sides of bowl and beat in the salt, baking soda, cinnamon and vanilla. When well blended, add flour and stir until it is blended. Stir in the chocolate chunks (Reserve a few chunks for the chef - Trust me you'll need them to divert your attention from the dough when shaping it).
4) Shape dough into 1-inch balls (I used my measuring spoons tablespoon to get the same amount) and place on cookie sheets about 5 cm (2 inchs) apart.
5) Flatten balls with the bottom of a flat glass (I used the back of my measuring cups) and bake for 10-12 minutes or until slightly browned around the edges.
6) Get a large glass of milk and enjoy!
Makes about 35 cookies. Store in airtight container.